Network and Security Engineer – CCNP – Palo Alto
Docklands – London
Salary: £50,000 - £67,000 + plus 10% annual performance related bonus.
(higher if CCIE qualified)
This is a fantastic opportunity for you, a CCNP qualified experienced 3rd Line Network and Security Engineer with Palo Alto and ideally checkpoint, to join a leading Managed Service Company in the Docklands. You will be responsible for working on a wide range of networking and security projects for diverse clients across finance, retail, manufacturing and technology.
- Checkpoint and Palo Alto Firewalls.
- Cisco Switches Catalyst and Nexus – CCNP certified
- Cisco routing and Switching
- Cisco ASA, FirePOWER
- Cisco and Meraki Wi-Fi
- Forescout and / or Cisco ISE NACs
- Any SIEM skills would be a bonus.
The Network and Security Engineer role requires the following technical skills and experience:
- Creating/modifying device configurations across Cisco switching and routing products.
- Creating/modifying firewall configurations and policies for Palo Alto, Checkpoint, Cisco ASA and a range of other firewall vendors.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, with prior experience working as an escalation engineer.
- Working knowledge of dynamic routing protocols including best practice configuration.
- Ability to consistently deliver to deadlines while prioritising competing demands for time,
- You must be professional, hard-working and have the ability to pay attention to detail,
- You must have an understanding of ITIL processes including change management,
- Willingness to share information, improve documentation, and train other engineers,
- Able to meet demands for occasional out-of-hours working and on-call escalation,
- Customer-facing with good report-writing skills and strong communication skills at all levels.
Benefits for Network and Security Engineer
- 10% Bonus
- Private health,
- Matched pension scheme,
- Study days,
- Death in service life cover
- Access generous training budget, among others.
- Beautiful offices – fantastic culture. Everyone loves it here!
Your skillset should ideally be supported by the following academic / professional qualifications:
- You may have a Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in a related field,
- You may have Cisco CCNP R&S certification (highly desirable),
- CCIE would be fantastic although not essential.
- You may have ITIL Foundation certification.
This is working for a leading Managed Service Company that offer outstanding benefits, training and career opportunities. The environment is great, from beautiful offices to highly motivated teams and management.
This position will go quickly so if you are a Senior Network Engineer / Network and Security Engineer with Palo Alto skills in London, please send your CV to me today.