Network and Security Engineer
Docklands – London
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 + plus 10% annual performance related bonus.
This is a fantastic opportunity for you, a CCNA qualified experienced 2nd Line Network and Security Engineer / Firewall Engineer to join a Network and Design solution design and delivery team. (it would suit a network engineer from an operational position making to jump across).
You will join a small team of talented network and firewall engineers designing and implementing secure network and firewall solutions for high level customers.
- Solid Cisco Switch and routing skills
- Cisco ASA, FirePOWER, CheckPoint and / or Palo Alto firewalls
- Cisco and Meraki Wi-Fi
- Forescout and / or Cisco ISE NACs
- Any SIEM skills would be a bonus.
- Implementing secure network solutions for customers. Encompassing change preparation (interpretation and validating designs working with customers), populating configuration templates, building change, testing scripts and deployment run books based on design, configuration and deployment of routers, switches and firewalls.
- Supporting Senior engineers and consultants on larger projects. Pre-staging customer solutions within the lab, assisting on solution designs, implementations and audits.
- Developing skills network and firewall design based on sales proposals following best practices.
- Working on small projects through the full project Lifecyle from initiation, through design and deployment, to hand over to operational support.
- Contribute to the knowledge resource, developing tool sets, guides and processes to improve the effectiveness of the team.
- Opportunity to become a subject matter expert on products and solutions within the team and wider organisation.
The Network and Security Engineer role requires the following operational skills:
- Proven experience working in a Network Operations/Support role, maintaining and troubleshooting networks.
- Customer-facing with good documentation skills and strong communication skills.
- You must be professional, hard-working and have an ability to pay attention to detail.
- You must be enthusiastic, have a keen interest in the technology and a drive to develop yourself both in technical knowledge and its application to meet customer requirements.
- You should understand ITIL processes and structured ways of working.
- Willingness to share information, improve documentation and solutions.
- Able to meet demands for occasional out-of-hours working.
Your skillset should ideally be supported by the following academic and professional qualifications:
- Cisco CCNA (essential) CCNP R&S certification (desirable).
- Cisco CCNA Security; Checkpoint SA or Palo Alto ACE (desirable but not essential)
- ITIL Foundation certification.
Benefits for Network and Security Engineer
- 10% Bonus
- Private health,
- Matched pension scheme,
- Study days,
- Death in service life cover
- Access generous training budget, among others.
- Beautiful offices – fantastic culture. Everyone loves it here!
This is working for a leading Managed Service Company that offer outstanding benefits, training and career opportunities. The environment is great, from beautiful offices to highly motivated teams and management.
This position will go quickly so if you are a Network Engineer / Network and Security Engineer with Firewall skills in London, please send your CV to me today.