£50,000 to £70,000 + Excellent Benefits and Career Progression.
This is a fantastic opportunity for you, an experienced DevOps Engineer with at least 2 years’ experience in Windows and Linux Server Administration, to join an international Software Organisation in their Central London office.
As part of the DevOps team, you will:
- Perform Server Administration: configuring, managing, patching (Windows/Linux)
- Execute IIS Management
- Be the Primary for 3rd party multiple Domain/SSL Management (single/UCC)
- Implement DNS Management through 3rd party tools
- Utilize Scripting and Systems/Process Automation skills (AWS Toolkit, PowerShell, Python, etc.) for advanced deployments and tools building.
- Possess Microsoft SQL Server administration/scripting skills
- Pioneer Amazon Web Services Management (all areas of AWS console) through automation and scripting in multiple regions.
- 2+ years of experience in Windows/Linux Server Administration
- Experienced in Bash/Python scripting (able to administer AWS through the CLI, including CloudFormation full stack creation)
- Some PowerShell experience (able do a post setup script, Administer SQL via PowerShell)
- Experience with database systems and an ability to create DB queries and understand/troubleshoot stored procedures
- Strong familiarity with various scripting languages (Amazon's AWS APIs, shell scripting, PowerShell, Python, Bash, etc.)
- Moderate DB Skills (MS SQL, Cassandra, MySQL)
- Experienced in related web technology skills (DNS, HTTP, SSL)
- Tools development. We want engineers that can automate the deployment, administration and monitoring of our large-scale Windows & Linux environments
- Be a puzzle master. Be able to solve the problems thrown at you daily and enjoy it.
- Ability to work both independently and as a productive and helpful team member
- Skill to manage multiple priorities with limited supervision
- Accurate documentation skills
- Ability to work in a timely manner to meet important deadlines
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field or comparable experience
- Understand what an ELB, CDN, and VPC are
Experience in the following is preferred:
- Previous DevOps experience in a SaaS environment
- Jenkins continuous automation
- Rundeck orchestration toolset
- Cloud automation (Specifically AWS)
- NoSQL, RDS and Redshift DB technologies are nice to have
- Large/Global server networks/architecture
- Jira or similar project management tools
- FreshDesk or similar support tools
- Being part of a Production On-Call rotation
As a DevOps Engineer you will utilize your combination of significant Windows & Linux experience, network knowledge, scripting abilities, information security and debugging skills to design, deploy, monitor and automate all operational aspects of the platform.
You will be joining the DevOps team and be responsible for deploying both offensive and defensive techniques to keep the platform humming. You should have a background in system administration at scale and be familiar with technologies such as Jenkins (continuous integration), Rundeck (orchestration), Puppet/Chef, MS SQL, Cassandra, NoSQL, Redshift, and MySQL. You will work very closely with the product and development teams.