Disaster Recovery Support Specialist – Business Continuity – Disaster Recovery
£35,000 + £5k Car Allowance + Bonus + Benefits
This is an outstanding opportunity for you, an experienced Disaster Recovery Support Specialist to join a leading IT organisation based in Basingstoke.
As a Disaster Recovery Technical Support Specialist, you will be responsible for providing implementation and support for the Technical IT, Solution and Business Continuity services. Including the support and maintenance of multitenant environments such Data Management and Disaster Recovery platforms, and the support of remote and on-site Business Continuity rehearsals.
The role is based in Basingstoke, but will also require working on Client sites throughout the UK. And will form part of a 24/7 ‘On call’ rota.
- Level-2 technical support. Working closely with our 2nd line Support team and Solutions Support to provide a larger skilled resource pool.
- Routine maintenance and management of customer specific and multitenant solutions.
- Asset and document management of customer specific and multitenant solutions.
- Responding to and assisting with recovery of Client data and infrastructure during Invocations
- Rehearsal of Client Business Continuity services, including processes, documentation, recommendations and reporting.
- Support the testing of new and returned equipment, including maintaining equipment asset management.
- Assist the Solutions team on bid support activities.
- Support the Head of R&D and the Solutions team on developing and implementing new services as well as enhancing existing services.
Experience and Skills
· Strong background and experience in Enterprise data management and recovery environments, including infrastructure and cloud based services.
· Strong background and experience in virtualization environments, preferably VMware.
· Strong background and experience in Microsoft server operating systems, preferably Server 2016.
· Experience in the following data management & recovery technologies:
· Experience in the following data management & recovery cloud based services:
o Dell Virtustream
· Experience various server operating systems:
· Good awareness of networking technologies, preferably Cisco.
This is an outstanding opportunity with a company that will reward your hard work and help you to progress your technical skills and therefore your career.
It will go quickly so, if you are a Technical Support Engineer with experience of Disaster Recover / Business Continuity, please send your CV to me today.