Technical Director – Hands On
South England - Reading, London and surround would be ideal. You will need to travel.
• £75-100k Dependant on the Person and skills. (Inclusive of car allowance)
• Bupa After 6 months
• Company phone and Laptop
• Bonus based on company success
• Vendor training and certification
• 22 days holiday rising to 27 days with service
• Equity Options for the right candidate in the future
Would suit a Technical Consultant, Technical Manager or similar technical position, from a MSP, Reseller, Hosting or ISP background, looking for a hands all-encompassing Technical Director position.
This is working for a leading technology company, who are extremely cash rich, forward thinking and dynamic organisation. They have their own data centre, are award winning and have a fantastic culture.
This is an all-encompassing position which has many facets including:
Technical Director Job Role
• Project Management
• Team Leader
• Technology Evangelist
• Working with the Service Delivery Director to improve customer Services
• On-Site Consultant
• 3rd line Systems Engineer
• UK Wide
Having ideally worked in an environment with the following;
• Technical director Skills
o Ideally have come from an MSP, reseller, ISP or hosting.
o The type of individual will be a go getter who understands technology as much as the commercial aspects of delivering both a solution and service.
o Used to Managing a small team - Able to manage a small team, recruit and inspire team
o Project management - Managing Small to medium IT solutions projects cradle to grave everything from working with purchasing, logistics through to delivery and project management with the customer. Task allocation and customer communication of this
o Technology Evangelist – The type of person who loves reading white papers, attending conferences and coming up with new solutions and exciting people with them - New solution Recommendation and discovery
o Have Gravitas and excellent customer skills.
• Technical Skills
o HPE solutions including blade systems, 3PAR, Storeonce, FIBRE channel switching ideally including replication / failover
o Other enterprise SAN/Blade Systems – Needs to be enterprise class so 10GB, Fibre Channel (not iscsi) etc
o Ideally would have some network Knowledge – Ideally Cisco, HP Procurve (aruba), Cisco ASA, ASR – Routing, Switching, Layer 2 and Layer 3, MPLS
o Worked with (and ideally certified in) virtualisation with VMware enterprise plus
• Nice to have technical Skills
o Veeam Enterprise plus
o Microsoft AD and windows servers
o Kaspersky AV (VMware edition)
o Understanding of Prince
o Understanding of ITIL
• Pre-sales Skills
o Document writing
o Solution Architecture
o Comfortable with client presentation of solution
o Understand the commercial as well as technical aspects of a solution
o Ability to architect solutions
o Ideally some presentation skills as we do customer new business events
It will be a varied and exciting role, working with new technologies always pushing the individual’s skills set.
• The candidate must be Based in the south of England and able to commute to Basingstoke (when not at customer sites), London, UK and locations as required
• Out of hours works & Out of hours Support and UK wide travel – the individual must be prepared to stay away and work odd hours to support customer requirements
• The type of individual will be a go getter who understands technology as much as the commercial aspects of delivering both a solution and service.
• The role is a senior role and as such will have both authority and expectation to deliver on goals and metrics.
• This is an” hours as required role” there is no overtime – but time in Lieu is offered for late working.
If you are an experienced Technical Consultant, Technical Manager, Technical Director or similar, who loves to be hands on as well as Managerial, then please send your CV to me today.