|Date Posted||October 2, 2015|
1st line Support – Helpdesk
|Job Code||MS Stevenage 1st|
IT Support Specialist – 1st line
Reporting to the EU IT Director
£15K – £17K (experience dependant)
This is a fantastic opportunity for a 1st line helpdesk/Junior IT Support Engineer to join a thriving and leading organisation that offer excellent ongoing training and career development. You’ll have access to everything you need to provide 1st class Helpdesk Support to approx 250 users.
- Telephone and Virtual Desktop Support
- Some server administration – setting up new users, email issues etc. You will need good Active Directory and ideally some Exchange, remote access (VPN)
- Receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and proactively resolving user help requests
- Troubleshoots end user hardware and software issues
- Tests fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved
- Assists customer’s application issues including, but not limited to, Windows, Web Browsing, E-mail and Microsoft Office.
- Works with Clients on connectivity issues as needed
- Prioritizes issues which directly affect a client’s ability to run their business
- Identifies and learns software and hardware used and supported by the organization
- Escalates problems as needed
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned
In order to be successful in your application, you should have:
- High School and 2 years related IT support duties, or 2 year associates degree and 1 year IT support duties, or 4 year computer or related degree
- Basic knowledge of TCP/IP, networks and servers
- Basic knowledge of desktops and laptops
- Basic understanding of mobile devices
- Basic working knowledge of Microsoft operating system(s), Exchange and Active Directory
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, writing and questioning skills
- Develop solid understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives
- High commitment to customer care
- Commitment to continuing education/training in the IT Support arena.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
· Highly motivated and self-directed.
· Keen attention to detail.
· Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
· Exceptional customer service orientation.
· Possesses technical aptitude.
Critical Job Functions:
· Must be able to lift 30-60 lbs.
The ‘Level I’ support individual will learn the business, supported software applications, business expectations and work closely with more senior level team members to reach a Level II position. Individuals will remain as a Level l technician for a minimum of twelve months before becoming eligible for promotion to Level II.
This is going to be a rewarding position where you can gain real experience and development. So if you have a can do attitude, with experience of skills listed above and live in or around Stevenage, please send your CV to me today. This is an urgent position and will go quickly!