|Location||Cambridge, East Anglia|
|Date Posted||April 12, 2017|
3rd Line Support
2nd 3rd Line Support Engineer
£30,000 to £32,000 + Benefits
This is an outstanding opportunity for you, an experienced 2nd / 3rd line IT Support Engineer to join a leading organisation just north of Cambridge.
You will be joining the IT Dept. and step straight into the 2nd and 3rd line support position within a busy Wintel environment. But we are also looking for you to be happy to assist the 1st line engineers where required with problem management.
Main responsibilities of the role:
· To carry out 2nd/3rd Line Support Investigation.
· To assist with internal customer support by raising issues appropriately and professionally and be responsible until resolved.
· To take ownership of issues and ensure that they are resolved within SLA parameters to the highest customer service standards through to completion
· To assist the 1st line technicians with problem management and add problem records into the company`s Helpdesk Management System.
· To effectively deal with urgent escalations by working closely with other technical and management staff.
· To maintain a high degree of understanding of the network, systems and procedures
· To support remote offices in the UK, Europe, US and further afield. (there will be occasional travel when required including international.)
· To improve on current and create new procedures in order to provide best possible support for the company`s clients.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
· You will need to demonstrate a good depth of knowledge in all versions of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office and E-mail, Networking, Active Directory including good understanding of DNS & TCP/IP.
· Have strong analytical and problem solving skills.
· The ability to diagnose a range of technical issues and find appropriate solutions.
· Ability to work under pressure and be methodical in your approach in problem solving.
· Must be polite, confident and unflappable and a team player.
· Experience with Microsoft SCCM and Active Directory 2008 R2.
· Experience of working with Mimecast
· Certificate services (ADCS & Public Certs)
· SIP Telephony systems, specifically Mitel and Microsoft Lync 2013
· Network Engineering
Any of the following would be advantageous, but not essential:
· Experience of working within an ITIL framework
· Microsoft Exchange 2010 and above
· Windows Server 2008 R2 & 2012 R2
· Microsoft cloud 365
· Exchange online
· Lync Online/Skype for Business and Office online
· EMS (Enterprise Mobility and Security)
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a world leading organisation, so if you are an experienced 2nd and 3rd line support engineer and looking for an exciting and rewarding new position, please send your CV to me today.