|Date Posted||October 5, 2016|
Defence & Security, Business Development Manager
Basic salary circa £40K-£50K with OTE £75K-£95K
(dependent on experience & performance)
This is a unique opportunity for you to work within an exciting sales environment, providing niche ICT solutions across Defence through to complete managed services to support military operations and training capabilities. You will need to be an experienced Business Development Manager with strong Defence and Security knowledge to undertake Business Development activities with the support of our internal sales team, e-commerce and project coordination resources in driving security, mobility and training solutions.
You will be exposed to every element of the sales cycle, from telephone and to face-to-face meetings with the client, internal meetings, preparation of quotations and proposals, to reporting on all sales activities.
You will need to have been in a similar role already, possibly in a Business Development role at a system integrator or outsourcer within the MoD/Central Government space with a proven track record of selling into UK Government markets. The role may also suit ex. Military personnel from a network and security background or an experienced IT solutions sales executive.
A good understanding and experience of selling complex solutions (networks, infrastructures, security and audio visual) into this space is essential, liaising with a variety of both military and civilian ranks/grades.
Knowledge of military policies and procedures including JSP604 (formally JSP480) would be extremely beneficial. Working within the boundaries of framework agreements, between £5m-£50m is essential and the candidate must be able to demonstrate this.
a) Key Objectives:
- To meet/exceed sales targets
- To sell and promote all products and services they offer
- To proactively grow and maintain an account base
- To agree performance levels required to achieve targets
- Effective time management
• To inform and advise customers on resolving their IT requirements
• To generate and nurture own leads
• To follow up given leads
• To document and update KPI reports in the correct manner
• To submit any daily reports required on time
• To identify and report own performance issues
• To meet with customers and potential customers regularly
• To ensure Business Unit Manager is kept regularly informed of activity
• To improve knowledge and skill set required to successfully carry out role
• To ensure that any hindrances to performing role are quickly resolved
You will be expected to undertake all aspects involved with selling into this market, from initial customer contact, uncovering and establishing requirements through to site surveys in collaboration with our partners across their assignment account base and exploit sales opportunities.
· Experience of working in the Defence sector
· A proven track record in account management and/or sales
· A proven track record of exploiting framework agreements
· Good understanding in the selling of complex solutions.
· Negotiation skills
· Willing to undergo security vetting
· Knowledge and experience of military policies and procedures
· Experience in selling Managed Services
· Broad understanding of network and security technologies.
· Educated to degree level in security or business management.
· Hold current National Security Clearance
- IT Support Engineer posted 18 days ago.
- Contract Network Infrastructure Audit posted 18 days ago.
- Technical Consultant – Network and Systems Engineer posted 21 days ago.
- IT Manager posted 21 days ago.
- VOIP Support Engineer posted 25 days ago.