|Date Posted||July 27, 2017|
Contract Helpdesk Supervisor
Circa £110 per day
We have an urgent opportunity for you, a Helpdesk Supervisor or Senior Helpdesk Engineer or Helpdesk Team Leader to join a leading company based in their offices in Harrogate.
This is contract position which could run for the long term or possibly go permanent.
What is the main purpose of the role?
As Service Desk Supervisor you’ll be a key member of our busy service desk team, providing a first-class service to all our people across all locations. The team are responsible for answering and logging service desk calls and, where possible, resolving incidents or escalating to the relevant specialists within the wider IT department. As the Supervisor you’ll take an active role in the day to day running of the service desk.
Reporting to the Technical Services Manager
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- To provide proactive 1st Line support in the Service Desk function in line with agreed Service Level Agreements.
- Log, track and assign all Service Desk requests.
- Provide 1st and 2nd Line proactive problem resolution. Take ownership of user problems & attempt 1st time fix.
- Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles.
- Allocate more complex calls to the relevant technical member of IT.
- Prioritise and ensure appropriate focus.
- Liaise and co-ordinate with 3rd Parties to achieve resolution in line with SLA’s, where applicable.
- Co-ordinate deployment of replacements as appropriate with Technical Services Executives.
- Identify issues where SLA’s are not achieved.
- Accurately maintain the problem-fix knowledge base.
- Asset Management and registration
- Repairing faulty hardware
· Ensure starters and leaves are administered in line with Company policy and associated Company property issued/returned.
· Configure Blackberry devices and maintain the mobile user register.
- Co-ordinate/carry out the execution of change management and ensure the Company process is followed.
The Ideal Candidate
- It is essential for this role than you have proven IT Technical Support skills and experience.
- Extensive knowledge of Win7 & Win10 gold builds
- Active directory administration
- Exchange 2003 -> 2013 administration
- Excellent planning and organisation skills are a must.
- We are looking for someone who can provide great service quality with a customer focus at all times.
- Great communication skills and interpersonal sensitivity are essential.
- You must have a good capacity for change and be flexible with hours/days worked.
- It is also desirable that you have knowledge of current Citrix environments.
- A Microsoft MS MCP would also be beneficial.