|Location||Bristol, South West|
|Date Posted||March 19, 2015|
Hands On IT Manager – Unix Environment
£45,000 + Full Benefits
This is a fantastic opportunity for you, an experienced Hands on IT Manager or Systems Engineer who has been used to running the IT Infrastructure in a UNIX environment.
FYI – this is not the official job title, but it is what the job is in practical terms. Consequently, there is no budgetary responsibility or man management, but you will be managing the IT infrastructure, network and all desktop issues.
You will be responsible for:
· All hardware and software requests – issues from support to moves, changes, upgrades, disposal etc.
· Ordering of kit, installing and bespoking to user requirements.
· Being proactive and using technical initiative to ensure optimum infrastructure performance.
· To work to and exceed SLAs.
· 1st, 2nd and 3rd line support
· Plan and carry out any project work.
Technically you must have strong Desktop Support and Server admin skills from within a UNIX environment. You need to have experience of Redhat and Linux.
As well as good Redhat and Linux skills, it would also be desirable if you have skills in:
· Tomcat, Apache Ant 1.6, Brasaero, Firefox, GThumb, SQL, SQLite, SNOW.
· SC Clearance or confident that you can be SC Cleared.
This is working for a world leading organisation and offers fantastic opportunities and benefits so if you are a hands on IT Manager or similar, from a Unix background, then please send your CV to me today.