|Location||Reading, Berkshire, Reading, Berkshire|
|Date Posted||September 5, 2016|
Installation / Migration / Implementation Engineer
|Job Code||MS Reading/UK|
<Installation Engineer – Reading Area – £20K
The Client sells products nationally so a willingness to travel significant distances with overnight stays is also required.
Salary £20K – full software product training – Significant overtime available
Company van after initial training, company mobile phone & other benefits available
This new position is for our client a fast growing technology company specialising in the development and provision of touch screen solutions.
You will be joining an established specialist team of engineers who install and support products all over the UK and due to high demand for their products the team is expanding!
The roll of Install Engineer will see the successful candidate perform the following tasks:
· On-site installation of the visitor management products. This will include the physical fixing of the system as well as configuring the software and integration of the unit into the customer’s existing network.
· On-site installation of other software based products
· Spending time on the support desks dealing with customer’s issues via telephone, e-mail and remote support tools.
· Training new customers on how to use products
· Assist in the testing of new software releases
· Preparing job packs ready for installation and imaging new systems
· Provide in house support for other employees as required
Applicants will require the following skill sets:
· A good technical understanding of Windows desktop and server operating systems
· A technical understanding of common networking technologies such as Cat5, Switches, hubs, power injectors etc.
· Previous experience of working in a ICT support related environment
· Confident in the use of power/hand tools to allow the physical installation/fixing of products (training will be provided to this end).
· Confident in dealing and speaking with customers in a polite, courteous and professional manner.
· Ability to confidently deliver training sessions to small groups of customers
· The Client sells products nationally so a willingness to travel significant distances with overnight stays is also required.
The successful applicant will be a forward thinking outgoing personality who enjoys new challenges and is comfortable both working with a team and by themselves. Out client is a fast growing company with many opportunities to develop and progress. Full training on products will be provided by the company to the successful applicant.