|Date Posted||March 31, 2017|
Security Engineer – Level 3
To £65,000 depending on experience + 10% Bonus + Excellent Benefits
• 10 Days Study Leave + Training qualifications.
• Optical expenses contribution
• Season ticket loans for rail and gym membership
• Private medical healthcare after 3 years
• Contributory pension scheme
• Childcare vouchers
• 25 days annual leave
• Beautiful offices
This is an outstanding opportunity for you, a 3rd line / level 3 Security Engineer – or NSOC, to join a leading Network and Security Company in Central London.
The key skill we need is the ability to analyse and interpret information provided by security controls, including SIEM, and provide high-quality updates to our customers. A good understanding of the anatomy of an attack underpins this (ie what would someone do if they were trying to compromise a system etc). This is not the same as the skill-set needed to implement NW security controls.
You will be joining a team of highly skilled and passionate IT Security professionals and working to support leading organisiations with cutting edge, interesting and varied technical set ups. You will be responsible for:
• Analysis of alerts arising from Security Event and Information Management tools. (SIEM)
• Vulnerability Scanning and reporting – ideally on Qualys.
• Implementation of next generation Intrusion Prevention Solutions based on Cisco Firepower, Checkpoint and Palo Alto technologies.
• Creating / Modifying firewall configurations and policies for Cisco ASA, Checkpoint and Palo Alto.
• Creating / Modifying device configurations across Cisco Security, switching, routing products.
• To provide technical leadership to Level 1 and 2 Engineers
• To work with and have a strong understanding of Cisco based network design and implementation (LAN and WAN) within mid-market and blue-chip organisations.
• To work with service providers and network management platforms such as SolarWinds.
In order to be successful in your application, you should have:
• Good experience with SIEM – Security Event and Information Management tools. Ideally ArcSight.
• Excellent communication, written and verbal.
• Ideally an upper 2nd degree in a relevant subject (this is not essential)
• CompTIA Security or equivalent experience
Desirable but not essential skills would be:
• GIAC Information Security Fundamentals or equivalent experience
• ITIL Foundation certification
• CISCO CCNP
• Checkpoint CCSE
• Palo Alto ACE
Experience in any of the following (2 or more would be great):
Checkpoint, CCNA Security, CryptoCARD/RSA, F5, Forescout CounterACT, Riverbed Steelhead, SolarWinds, ArcSight.
If you are a Level 3 Security Engineer, with strong skills around SIEM such as ArcSight or similar, and you are looking to join a leading IT Network Security company in London, then please send your CV to me today.