|Location||London, Central London|
|Date Posted||January 12, 2015|
£30k – £35k
This really is a fantastic opportunity for you a System Analyst/Network Support Engineer to join a thriving international company to provide network support to their customers throughout London.
The London office will be the main base, the engineer should expect to spend time on customer sites throughout the UK on a regular basis, sometimes at short notice. This could require daily travel and/or overnight stays.
Technical Experience and skills
• Windows Server MCP accreditation
• Be familiar with VMWare
• Must have networking knowledge to the extent of configuring VLANs
• Experience of network administration or management role.
• Competent with the use of Microsoft Word, Visio, Excel and Project
• Basic networking skills such as the setup of Wireless access points, switches, routers and firewalls in smaller environments.
• Awareness of Cisco product set
• Competence with PC and Server hardware.
• Active Directory
• MS Exchange
• VMWare and Hyper-V
Experience of working with SMEs, Banks, Hedge Funds and also within education establishments will be a definite advantage.
The Engineer will be required to respond to requests from the Helpdesk within a specified SLA and be diligent with their follow-up and reports after completing scheduled customer visits. The role will be fully supported by an internal Service Desk team.
· Knowledge of BackupExec, Asigra
· Network topology design and optimisation
· Network security design and implementation
· Linux / SQL
· IP Telephony and unified messaging
· SAN configuration/ SharePoint
· MS System Center
Ideally you will have an IT Field Service background but if you have something similar and are happy driving around London, that would be fine. You should also have excellent customer skills and a happy demeanour – a lot of the client sites will require dealing with management So, if that sounds like you, then send me your CV today – we really want to get this position filled before Xmas so don’t delay.