|Date Posted||August 11, 2017|
Technical Consultant – 3rd line Network and Systems Engineer
- £50-68k Dependant on the Person and skills – Built into this figure is a £500 per month car allowance
- Company phone and Laptop
- Bonus based on company success
- Formal training and certification
- 22 days holiday rising to 27 days with service
This is an outstanding opportunity for you, an experienced Technical Consultant, 3rd Line and Systems Engineer to join a leading IT organisation specialising in Networking, Infrastructure, Virtualization and Security.
The role will be UK based with both in the office and onsite attendance. You must be willing to travel and stay away as necessary to perform their role.
- It will be a varied and exciting role, working with new technologies always pushing your skills set.
- There are three elements to the role albeit they won’t be doing all aspects of the role at the same time.
- You will join part of a small “cluster” team to support the combined roles.
You will be responsible for:
- Creating Project documents before, during and after
- Creating and getting client sign off documents
- Creating project delivery and management plans and running project meetings with clients
- Creating PID’s
- Implementing solutions onsite
- Client Delivery Consulting Onsite and in DC’s – all new projects – UK and overseas
- Client Site updates Quarterly
- Customer review meetings for quarters – Pre-pare full review documentation and be able to talk around previous quarters SLA’s and systems
- Documenting onsite customer systems to an agreed standard – updating documentation as changes are made
- Client Site updates Quarterly (as required for complex systems that 2nd line can’t handle)
3rd line Network and Systems Engineer
- 3rd line support for tickets
- Rota’d out of ours support for tickets
- Monitoring Systems – maintenance and upgrade and process flow
- IP Addressing – Customer and Internal – Hosted at City road (or other dc) and the documentation of all IP addressing
- RIPE & AS number
- Updates of core VTG systems in THN, and customer systems in City road (and other London DC)
- Responsible for Keeping internal systems alive – Excluding email
- Responsible for internal switching and routing and firewalling, Dark Fibre at CR, THN and other DC
- Managing clients Backup Systems to THN or other – design upgrade and handover for day to day management
- Internal System backup and DR capabilities – design upgrade and handover for day to day management
- Cover for 1st Line / Internal support role if he is off.
- 1st/3rd Line out of hours Rota as required.
- Working with the sales team – Creating proposals
- Client meetings – Pre-sales – Solution Architecture and design
- General Rule of thumb if its outside City road, THN and other DC it is onsite responsibility – Unless Cloud requires physical resource for support then in the 1st lower instance Jason will go and second instance Cloud will go.
- Client conference calls post sales and pre-sales as required
- Health checks – Pre-sales onsite consultancy
- Updating salesforce/CRM with customer notes for prospect calls and meetings
- Updating sales team on customer notes and meetings.
- Working with Jesse to Develop new customer solutions
- Working with vendors and steve to get pricing for solutions
You must be the type of individual will be a go getter who understands technology as much as the commercial aspects of delivering both a solution and service.
Having ideally worked in an environment with the following;
- Understanding of Prince
- Understanding of ITIL
- Worked with (and ideally certified in ) HPE solutions including blade systems, 3PAR, Storeonce, FIBRE channel switching ideally including replication / failover
- Worked with (and ideally certified in ) virtualisation including VMware and potentially hyperV – Ideally some cloud experience of both
- Ideally a Working knowledge of the following products;
- Microsoft AD and windows servers
- Kaspersky AV (VMware edition)
- Networking Skills
- Layer 2 and 3 Networking Skills – With an understanding of MPLS
- Cisco ASA Firewalls – The ability to config an ASA from scratch and setup routing firewalling, VPN, IPS and ideally AMP
- Cisco ASR Routers – Manage and support core networking , Update MPLS rules , Firmware upgrades and System Architecture
- Cisco 6500 (and any Cisco IOS based Switches) – System Architecture, Config creation and the ability to deploy from scratch and IOS based device including switch stacking
- HP Procurve Switches – VRRP , and switch configuration
- IP V4 and V6 – Sub netting, Network design and switch configuration
- Working with RIPE understanding of IP Allocation , Name conventions and AS Number and RIPE account management
- BGP Failover – Understanding and ability to deploy
- Pre-sales Skills
- Document writing
- Solution Architecture
- Comfortable with client presentation of solution
- Understand the commercial as well as technical aspects of a solution
- Ability to architect solutions
This is a varied and busy position, but very rewarding and will give you the opportunity to stretch and further your technical skill sets. We are looking for someone who is passionate about technology and offering the highest standard in customer support.
We are looking for 2 people to join this team, so if you have excellent Technical Skills, Pre-Sales Skills, Customer skills, then please send your CV to me today.